Students shall complete the minimum required number of theory hours and practical operations as specified by the State of California, with a final evaluation score for practical and written test of 75% or better. In addition to the state’s requirements, students at must also complete the following course work: To complete this program a student must attend a minimum of 85% of the scheduled hours of instruction, and pass an instructor monitored practical exam demonstrating competence in the practice of all aspects of the beautification and care of the hair, skin and nails.
1. Complete all assignments from the standard theory and practical workbooks.
2. View videos from required viewing video list.
3. Prepare a photo portfolio of your finished work. (Minimum of 15 photos.)
4. Prepare an organized notebook with subject headings and procedure sheets.
5. Complete a typed functional resume and cover letter (class given for creating a resume.) Upon satisfactory completion of 1600 hours, the State requirements, and the Course Work listed above, the student shall receive Katie Skills Center’s certified diploma.